2/02/2020

Culturally Unaware

Friend of Sinners. Loving the Tax Collector?

I don't know about you, but my Jesus takes on the role of the "culturally unaware."

He has had the tendency to go beyond the boundary lines of society, and love the leper and the destitute. He transcends the lines.

A true KING goes past the lines drawn to find people.

Makes me wonder...

I want to act as if I am "culturally unaware." For example, I want my culture to influence the culture around me, not vice versa. If I walk into an environment where no one talks to the poor or "needy," I want to reach out to the person that needs someone to talk to rather than just a handout of some measly dollar bills, or some Benjamins, if you please. :)

Jesus was well aware of the culture of his day, but decided to act "culturally unaware." He was not a product of the society, even though he influenced everyone from the woman at the well (John 4) to the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

What is the way you will make your mark on today's culture?

Kobe made his mark on culture. And we are in a "cultural moment."

When I went to the LA LIVE Center, next to the Staples Center the Sunday Kobe and Gianna passed away, fans were chanting "Kobe, Kobe, Kobe!"

The excitment in the air was palpable.

Someone even stole my wallet! It was so croweded, like a concert.

But, the greatness of Kobe's legacy could be felt in the air. See this picture of the time.


I was just excited to feel the greatness of the person he was.

I want to be remembered, and I want to leave a legacy.

No comments: