8/24/2018

Addiction

Thinking about the next line. The next sip. The next drag. The next ball.

Addiction can take over your life. There is no 12-step program that can conquer these demons of addiction.

I've battled with addiction before, and I still am. My interpersonal communication teacher once asked, "What is the one human emotion more powerful even than fear, hate, or love?" All of us in class were bewildered when he said, "desire."

Desire is addiction. The word "desire" in the Greek is epithumia, which also means passionate longing or lust.

My limp is that I desire other guys, and I struggle with it everyday. I am also battling an addiction to nicotine.

It's real and it's consuming. My friend just lost her brother to addiction, and he was only 25! He had so much more life to live and give.

There is a real enemy out there, and he wants to destroy what God has helped build in you.

The confident assurance, the hope of salvation...

This one is a short blog, but if you are struggling or know someone who is struggling with addiction, don't hesitate to call for help.

No comments: