4/14/2011

Bondage of Fear/Spirit of Fear

So, I realized this morning that fear had a huge impression on my life. I had a fear of sinning; and unfortunately, I measured up to my own religious standards. This put me in a horrible place, where I did nothing. My heart grieved the Holy Spirit, quenched it....told Holy Spirit... I can't feel you, so let me be my self-sufficient self to please God. The thing is without faith working through love, life is nothing. You can't please God, nor be in friendship with Him. I would be in this place, of what does this person think of me? Am I causing this person to sin? Am I being perfect? The trouble with this thought process is you can't get anything done! You spend your time thinking about things that need to be done to better yourself, but the Spirit of love, power, and sound mind has completely left in the sight of the Spirit of Fear.

Tuesday, I went to Christ for the Nations, and I met this prophet, let's just say he pointed people out in a crowd and prophesied over them. Anyway, I went up to him after service and he prayed over me. He prayed that the bondage of fear would leave, and that the Lord is not calling me to a comfortable life, but I life of adventure, but I had to take a leap of faith. He said it was like jumping out of an airplane. The sermon had been about going into deep, deep waters.

Saturday, I went to First Assembly of God Huntsville, and saw evangelist Sean Smith. His first sermon was about the spirit of fear and how it controlled us. I definitely struggled with the fear of man and fear of failure. Not good things. He told us that discouragement was the number one thing that steals dreams away from us. He talked about taking RISKS since that's the new way FAITH is spelled. God works when you take RISK. He doesn't when you are not acting because of fear. He reemphasized that it matters the way you live your life. Funny, he used the jumping out of the airplane analogy with God being your parachute.

He's whispering to me, Amy work with me, I'll give you the grace. I was telling God work with me, but God opposed me. I was taking upon my own yoke of selfish indifference or apathy and pride when I couldn't feel the authority and mindset of Christ. When you don't know who you are in Christ, you can't make eye contact with people, because you are under the law of sin and death, which is condemnation. If you try to back it up with a spirit of performance, or faking it, you will end up in a rut of a spiritual life.

My dear friend, Erica, spoke this over my life...unlocking this morning a new season in my life:
You are a woman of Excellence...you were born to be Great. You have such a charismatic/fun spirit about you. I see the Lord revealing the endurance you have always carried, and breathing life over areas of uncertainty in your heart. You are a carrier of wisdom, health, and power. I see you letting go of the need to manage how things happen or when, because I see you trusting your Father. 


god is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.