4/08/2011

Wait, Wait, Wait... are you sure that the song goes...

"You make all things work together for my good" from Jesus' Culture's "Your Love Never Fails."

Yes, when I first  became a Christian, I must admit I didn't believe this. The song was so good until I got to that part. This was in like Fall of 2007. Anyway, so what ran through my mind was the lie that NO.. why would God do that? Why would he do that for me? Why would make things work out for MY good, not HIS good?

If you look at where this verse is in the Bible, it is smashed in the revelation of Paul's Romans 8... Man, talk about Oneness with Christ. Our Spirit groans inwardly and says hey I'll pray in the will of God, and guess what? It's for your good... since I know what's best for you, my son. And us sons, have to have faith in our adoption.

I didn't have faith in my adoption, I said to myself, that I am still separate from Christ because of my evilness. But  then, I remembered, I have been crucified. So, the creation will see the sons of God be revealed in this time. They will see the life and the light, and ultimately, how we walk in freedom and authority in our faith. Faith that we are so one with him, that we want what he wants. That we go where he leads. I'm saying I'm  ready for whatever you choose to do Lord.

Because you make all things work together for OUR good.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments: