4/23/2013

That's Something Else!

Last November, I was at Calvary Church in Naperville, IL. My friend Marie Fe (a Spanish Professor at Trinity Christian College) told me a pastor was going to minister to los Zetas, a people group, in Mexico. I didn't know who they were, yet alone what they are known for. (At first, I thought they were a "people group," but then I realized they were a drug cartel, who are still a people group)
She just told me this pastor was risking his life for the sake of the gospel. So, my first thought was, 'man, this guy is crazy!'
Then, I realized, dangerous people groups are important to God. Woah. [this has nothing to do with the recent terrorist attacks in Boston, Jahar is a different story]
I was sitting in lifegroup thinking, man, 'I know how these things work, but then I heard about this radical man of God going to risk his life for the sake of the gospel.'  Literally, he was saying I am ready to die for this, thinking to himself it has been a good race, if I die, I die.
***
I found myself back n Aurora about 4 months later.
So, she updated me last March (2013). It was amazing!
She said he went down there. When he went down there (Mexico), he was doing the work of Jesus. I asked her how did it go, is he alive? Then she went into the story...
He went down there, and los Zetas wanted a good story. They told him it better be a good story, or we are going to kill him. So, they put him in a van, and he was thinking that's it...I'm gonna die- this is crazy.
But, then a blind lady who got healed started looking for the evangelist. She came up to the window of the van and knocked on the window, los Zetas opened up. And she was testifying my eye is better! I can see. They decided what he was sharing was worth listening to!

At this point, I responded, "That's Something Else." Anyway, I realized that was Jesus! So worthy to be praised!

Really great! Until next time, do what you do.

No comments: